Find some of the best quotes on football from great players in the world and what football legends think about their success and accomplishments. Football is riddled with memorable quotes from players, coaches, and pundits like Pelé, Diego Maradona, Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Neymar, Johan Cruyff, Ronaldinho, Zlatan Ibrahimovic, David Beckham, and others.
Football has become one of the world’s most popular sports, capturing everyone’s attention. This game has now become one of the most watched and inspiring for young people all over the world. Apart from that, the world’s most successful soccer players have taken part in it, and their words have inspired today’s generation, motivating the younger generation of children. Many of their fans aspire to be as successful as these players. Because of the nature of sports, winners must be determined only after much struggle and effort. Here are the top 50 best football quotes by players.
Top 50 Football Quotes By Players:
1. Success is no accident. It is hard work, perseverance, learning, studying, sacrifice, and most of all, love of what you are doing or learning to do. – Pelé
2. Everything is practice. – Pelé
3. I don’t believe there is such a thing as a ‘born’ soccer player. Perhaps you are born with certain skills and talents, but quite frankly it seems impossible to me that one is actually born to be an ace soccer player – Pelé
4. Sport is something that is very inspirational for young people. – Pelé
5. A penalty is a cowardly way to score. – Pelé
6. I see myself as the best footballer in the world. If you don’t believe you are the best, then you will never achieve all that you are capable of. – Cristiano Ronaldo
7. There’s nothing more satisfying than seeing a happy and smiling child. I always help in any way I can, even if it’s just by signing an autograph. A child’s smile is worth more than all the money in the world. – Messi
8. You can overcome anything, if and if only you love something enough. – Lionel Messi
9. I’m happy with a ball at my feet. My motivation comes from playing the game I love. – Lionel Messi
10. We cannot live being obsessed with what other people think about us. It’s impossible to live like that. Not even God managed to please the entire world. – Cristiano Ronaldo
11. There are very few players who know what to do when they’re not marked. So sometimes you tell a player: that attacker is very good, but don’t mark him. – Johan Cruyff
12. Football is about joy. It’s about dribbling. I favor every idea that makes the game beautiful. Every good idea has to last. – Ronaldinho
13. I am ugly, but what I do have is the charm. – Ronaldinho
14. I think each player has an individual style. Each is concerned with giving the best to his team, and I think my best talent is dribbling and setting up goal situations, giving an assist, or deceiving one of the other team’s players. – Ronaldinho
15. I came like a king, left like a legend. – Zlatan Ibrahimović
16. You just have to watch me play and you will be afraid. I don’t need a scary nickname. – Zlatan Ibrahimović
17. Only God knows, You’re looking at him now. – Zlatan Ibrahimović
18. Now take care of Sweden until I return. – Zlatan Ibrahimović
19. I respect all religions, but I’m not a deeply religious person. But I try and live life in the right way, respecting other people. I wasn’t brought up in a religious way, but I believe there’s something out there that looks after you. – David Beckham
20. I don’t have time for hobbies. At the end of the day, I treat my job as a hobby. It’s something I love doing. – David Beckham
21. Whatever I do, I want to be the best. – David Beckham
22. I don’t regret anything, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t look back and think, ‘What was I thinking?’ – David Beckham
23. A great player can win, but cannot claim titles alone. You need to have a great team who are close and able to support you. – Zico
24. When God built Pele, he put everything that a player needs in him. He knew how to shoot, how to dribble, how to head, and be physical. He had everything that a football player needs to have. It’s difficult for someone to achieve what he has in football. – Zico
25. Maradona is among the best five players I’ve ever seen: Garrincha, Pele, Diego, Cruyff, and Beckenbauer. – Zico
Diego Maradona Quotes
1. My mother thinks I am the best. And I was raised to always believe what my mother tells me. – Diego Maradona
2. When you win, you don’t get carried away. But if you go step by step, with confidence, you can go far. – Diego Maradona
3. I am Maradona, who makes goals, who makes mistakes. I can take it all, I have shoulders big enough to fight with everybody. – Diego Maradona
4. To see the ball, to run after it, makes me the happiest man in the world. – Diego Maradona
5. God makes me play well. That is why I always make the sign of a cross when I walk out onto the pitch. I feel I would be betraying him if I didn’t. – Diego Maradona
Short football quotes
1. If you don’t want to play clean football then go up into the stands. – Diego Maradona
2. Life is full of regrets, but it doesn’t pay to look back. – Zinedine Zidane
3. Sometimes words are harder than blows. – Zinedine Zidane
4. I start early and I stay late, day after day, year after year, it took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success. – Lionel Messi
5. You have to fight to reach your dream. – Lionel Messi
6. I only want to be the best that I can be. – Neymar
7. I always dribble for a reason, and I always head for the goal. – Neymar
8. You always know what’s best for you. – Neymar
9. Talent without working hard is nothing. – Cristiano Ronaldo
10. I’m living a dream I never want to wake up from. – Cristiano Ronaldo
11. Don’t run so much. Football is a game you play with your brains. – Johan Cruyff
12. You have got to shoot, otherwise, you can’t score. – Johan Cruyff
13. The most difficult thing about an easy match is to make a weak opponent play bad Football. – Johan Cruyff
14. To win you have to score one more goal than your opponent. – Johan Cruyff
15. Choose the best player for every position, and you’ll end up not with a strong XI, but with 11 strong 1’s. – Johan Cruyff
50 Football quotes for Instagram
- The silence before the score.
- The field is where you call home.
- All-in, all-out, all-season.
- Don’t worry, it’s football season.
- Football cannot be played in the Amazon jungle because there are far too many cheetahs.
- Work hard, hit hard, and play hard to easily win.
- Eat, sleep, play football, and then repeat.
- I’m always thinking about football.
- Great players inspire others while good players inspire themselves.
- Our sweat, our blood, and your tears.
- There will be no excuses.
- Fortune favors the daring.
- Gone playing football, never to return.
- I’d rather be out there playing football.
- We understand how to score.
- Winners train, while losers moan.
- Sweating causes the green grass to grow.
- It is not how you begin, but how you end!
- If football were simple, it would be called golf.
- My doctors advised me to play football every day.
- I began watching football because I realized it was very relevant to my life. There are few to no goals.
- Teamwork is what makes the dream come true.
- All out, all game, all season.
- Put your game face on.
- Stressed, blessed, and football-obsessed.
- Win from within.
- Above all, it is a team. Above all, a team.
- Football is life.
- 11 players, one heartbeat.
- Teamwork is what makes the dream come true.
- Talk to your pads, and play with your heart.
- Every season should be football season.
- Weekends are made for football.
- We distinguish ourselves through tenacity and compassion.
- Refuse to lose.
- Thinking your team can beat us is pure fantasy football.
- I’ve never met a stadium that I didn’t enjoy.
- I’m only interested in which player is the cutest.
- I apologize for what I said during the game.
- The actions of the players speak louder than the words of the coaches.
- Is there a halftime show for this game?
- Champions work as a team.
- A week without football makes you weak.
- A bad day of football is preferable to a good day at work.
- I absolutely detest life at times, but I refuse to give up because of football.
- If football does not exist in heaven, I’m not going to go.
- Football is in my DNA.
- Everything seems difficult without football.
- I never want to be late for a football game.
- Dude, live your life to the fullest by watching football.
Read also: Premier League Winner Prize Money
Please share your thoughts in the comments section below. If this article helped you get more knowledge about the best quotes on football. We have compiled a list of the top 50 best football quotes by players. The information was gathered from different websites, for the 50+ best quotes on football articles. We’d like to mention that our website data is subject to change at any time, and we cannot guarantee its accuracy.